help w/the basics
Well, I have never done any fairisle knitting.. never. I did do intarsia when my son was a baby, can hardly remember that. And need to learn to do the 2hand stranded knitting. I do have the knittinghelp website bookmarked, just wanted to ask if anyone has a reference book to recommend (their favorite) I am more of a visual person, but found there is a file/book on the internet that isn't too expensive, or any other fave sites that will help. I can do semi continental,meaning I am too impatient to practice, but do have a grip on how to work the yarn in my left hand both knit and purl.
TIA
sherry
TIA
sherry

2 Comments:
Don't look at me! I was the kid who back stitched her samples in the Domestic Science practical exam because she couldn't work the treadle or hand cranked sewing machine because of lousy coordination.
No matter how many books or web sites I've looked at, none have work for me. I hold the yarn in my right hand, using my thumb and forefinger.
I finished (last fall just as it was too late to wear it) a cotton houndstooth checked top. I hadn't ever heard of knitting with one color in each hand until I had finished it! I took a seminar with Brandon Mably last year on Color Knitting, more conceptual about colors than technique - but I learned how to hold the yarn I wasn't knitting with with my left hand to strand it across.
Anyway, I put a couple of links on the sidebar, where they will always be accessible, for tutorials on two handed stranded knitting.
Post a Comment
<< Home