choosing yarns
I'd love to see what everyone is swatching, choosing, or deciding between.
I'm thinking that I might just start both Eliz and Jane. One is more suitable for knitting when there are distratctions than the other - so there is room for both in my knitting life.
I thought I had the yarn for Jane Seymour in colorway 2, but in looking at the yarn, it looks more like colorway 1 don't you think?
I'm going to have to dig it out of the bin, to verify, then get ordered substitute for Bainin Ruby which is what I'm missing. I may also be missing the lichen, have to look at the yarn.
Meanwhile, I'm swatching for Elizabeth I. I've determined that I have to use stash yarn. So far I"ve swatched the Cashsoft 4 ply (which is a real contender I have to say) and superfine alpaca in red. I have out the Jaeger matchmaker 4 ply in a coral color, and some purple Silky Wool. I want this sweater to be soft enough to wear and have a soft drape, which maybe isn't what the designer originally intended. But towards that end, I am willing, I guess, to sacrifice some of the stitch definition.
I'm thinking that I might just start both Eliz and Jane. One is more suitable for knitting when there are distratctions than the other - so there is room for both in my knitting life.
I thought I had the yarn for Jane Seymour in colorway 2, but in looking at the yarn, it looks more like colorway 1 don't you think?
I'm going to have to dig it out of the bin, to verify, then get ordered substitute for Bainin Ruby which is what I'm missing. I may also be missing the lichen, have to look at the yarn.
Meanwhile, I'm swatching for Elizabeth I. I've determined that I have to use stash yarn. So far I"ve swatched the Cashsoft 4 ply (which is a real contender I have to say) and superfine alpaca in red. I have out the Jaeger matchmaker 4 ply in a coral color, and some purple Silky Wool. I want this sweater to be soft enough to wear and have a soft drape, which maybe isn't what the designer originally intended. But towards that end, I am willing, I guess, to sacrifice some of the stitch definition.I'll post pics of the swatches once they are all finished and blocked.




5 Comments:
Swatching? What's that ;-)
The cabling is a little flat in the Silky Tweed but it is showing up, so hopefully the Silky Wool will be similar. It's really soft, which is Most Important.
Yes, it definitely looks more like colorway 1.
I don't know what colorway that is but it's gorgeous!
I like the purple for Elizabeth - it's the royal color after all. But she also had a fondness for white and was crazy for pearls so that would work as well.
I also agree w/the purple. I love purple.
I love the idea of the Silky Wool in purple. It's beautiful and looks very regal.
Post a Comment
<< Home