To Join follow the link at the most recent post below to the Tudor Roses KAL at Yahoo Groups

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Hey Sam here, with Henry VIII progress

I'm actually calling this one Mr. Henry, or Sir Henry on the account of my color change. Anyway.

So I know I posted a few days ago that I was bordering on insane after 15-20 rows and the how the huge repeat was too much for me.

Well, here's an update. I've reached (and passed) the magical 33 row mark. I had been telling myself that if I got to this point and I still wasn't having fun, I'd stop and do something else. I figured that if I wasn't having fun, I might as well not put myself through this. I thankfully proved myself wrong.

I'm having a blast with this pattern. It's fun, and it makes my brain work just hard enough. I haven't started leaving my pattern at home (not to fear, I have a scanned copy of it on my computer, because frightfully I'm more likely to have my computer with me than I am to be able to be able to keep the pattern copy with me). I'm keeping the pattern with me until I feel comfortable with the charts without the reference.

The surprising thing is that the half way point to underarms is row 48. I should be to the underarm steeks by the end of next week at this rate. Ultimatly this means I could be done with the sweater by new years. Wild!

Anyway, I hope other people are having fun. I should really get back to something useful like applying to graduate school (eek!)

Cheers,
sam

PS. I also blocked out, finally the jacket I made. It's the first color-work cardigan I've ever made and the most most successful cardigan I have to my name. Nevertheless, I'm not entirely pleased with the way the "button band" hangs. Does anyone have a tip that might shine some light on this quandary? Cheers-again!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Wow, you are really moving right along. I would love to see it ...maybe at some point...one of my sons is totally colorblind so I tend to knit for him in very distinct colors, checking first what he thinks they are :) Sometimes it is surprising...Was the button ban put on after the fact? ribbed at an angle to the sweater? I sometimes find I have to pick he stitches wider apart to take up some of the slack, ie pick up one st in two loops, does that make sense?

1:22 PM  
Blogger tycho said...

yeah, button band picked up on a steeked edge.....

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No clue on the button band thing but that's something I'm going to have to know. One of these days.

Darn, all that computer stuff and no pix, Sam? Borrow a friend's camera phone or camera.....

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home