To Join follow the link at the most recent post below to the Tudor Roses KAL at Yahoo Groups

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Tudor Milestones

Thought you guys might be interested in these October Tudor Milestones:

1st of October 1553 Mary Tudor was crowned Queen of England in Westminster Abbey.

2nd October 1501, Katherine of Aragon arrives in England to marry Arthur the Prince of Wales.

9th of October 1514, Mary Tudor, sister of Henry VIII marries King Louis XII of France.

12th of October 1537, Jane Seymour gives birth to the future Edward VI.

24th of October 1537 Jane Seymour dies.

30th of October 1485, Henry Tudor is crowned.

I got my inspiration for this post from History Magazine but there is also a detailed Tudor Chronology here:

http://tudors.crispen.org/chronology/index.html

So - that's what the real Tudors were up to this month - how are the knitted "Tudors" coming along? Alas - mine is still a distant dream due to the fact that I STILL can't make up my mind which design to knit. I think I'm waiting to see how some of the other ones come out first! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home