To Join follow the link at the most recent post below to the Tudor Roses KAL at Yahoo Groups

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Greetings

I just joined. I hope this will give me the push I need to finish my Mary Tudor. I'm on line 24 of my second pattern set. About 40 rows before I start the steeks for the sleeves.

I decided to alter this pattern to make a pullover instead of a cardigan.

I also have kitted up: Katherine of Aragon, Elizabeth 1 and the one with all the buttons (the name of which escapes me).

I finished Anne Boleyn three years ago.

Mary Tudor progress -

10 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Wow, I want to be you in my next life!

Did you change the colors or is it just my monitor (or photograph)?

4:18 PM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

Oooo that looks nice! I like yours better than the pic in the book too so I don't think it's the monitor.

Anne Boleyn?? Care to share pics? I will make it through that sweater, I swear ;)

8:52 PM  
Blogger Giulia said...

Mary Tudor - The colors are the same as the ones in my book. They were kitted up for me the same time as the Anne Boleyn and this is my second start on it so I don't remember the brand. Maybe it's my camera?

Anne Boleyn - I will take pictures and post them soon.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Marji said...

Welcome Nic
your Mary Tudor is beautiful. I love the fleur de lis.
at first I read your line "kitted up" to be knitted up...and I was astounded. But I'm happy to see, you're like a lot of us, with big ambitions. The one with all the buttons, (I believe it's Margaret Tudor, I'll have to go look), have you read the directions on that? I'm so intrigued, as a process knitter and construction enthusiast - that is the most unique (redundant, I know) construction I've ever seen in knitting. I'd personally like to take just the thistle and knit a long scarf. YOu go girl

9:51 AM  
Blogger Giulia said...

Actually it's the construction that has me intrigued and why I want to make it.

My local yarn shop gave me one of the original buttons and a friend and I are going to attempt to carve and cast them, since they are no longer available in sufficient quantities to complete the sweater. (so far as I have found)

11:05 AM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Mary Tudor is looking superb. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your other projects!

2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, lovely!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I envy your productiveness (is that a word?) with all the sweaters you've made from the book. The colors of Mary Tudor are very nice!

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This freaking thing isn't knit - circularly - in garter stitch, is it? Tell me I'm reading it wrong.

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed it is NOT knit in garter stitch in the round. I would have had to change the pattern more and knit it flat - for the sake of my sanity.

The hems only are knit in garter stitch. It does help them to stay flat and not curl.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home