To Join follow the link at the most recent post below to the Tudor Roses KAL at Yahoo Groups

Saturday, August 19, 2006

I wonder if Anne Boleyn was as slow as her woolen namesake? ;)


I love this sweater, it is definitely going to be one of my favorites for a very long time. Can you see the dancing hounds in the first bar? And the falcons in the second? How fun is that! I think this is a highly overlooked design of Jade's and I'd love to see more. I have only found one other picture searching but it was in a vastly different colorway. Has anyone else seen others?

I also have to admit that I think I may have chosen a too large size. If I can make this determination prior to the sleeve and v-steeks I could just consider more stitches to be part of the center steek and adjust from there I suppose. I'm going to have to give this some thought.

You may be able to tell but I did a tiny bit of damp steaming to see if it was indeed going to lay flat and it blocks out beautifully. It was a good idea because my stress level decreased dramatically. I'm floating everything up to 8 stitches now but there are still those long runs of 16 etc that I can't escape weaving on. The serious challenge with this one is that there are many runs of 7-8-9 stitches with only a single stitch in between - not much of an anchor!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is looking beautiful... I am imagining that most of these beauties are slow going... but so worth it, the Boleyn is on my must knit list too.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

She's gorgeous & now you've really done it! Although I love the dancing hounds, I adore the falcons. They're just too cool.

No, I don't understand why some are so popular and others, you just don't see at all in Blogland.

I know what you mean about those "long runs". Henry has a few those.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Looking superb!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Oh, gorgeous! And yes, Anne Boleyn kept Henry dancing at her heels for years. She's always been a hold out.

I hope the size works out! Too perfect to add them to the steek.

I haven't seen her anywhere else.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

DeeAnn, she's gorgeous. And you are doing this while getting ready to move if I remember correctly.

4:03 PM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

Thanks ladies! Yes, she promises to be a bit of a hold out for sure. I know I will dance in the streets when I get to the sleeves! I'm probably more impatient because I like it so much. Hounds and Falcons - how can you not love that? My greyhounds approve wholeheartedly.

Yes, Marji, I'm trying to pack, knit at least one row a day, find a new place, figure out Catherine Parr, etc. I will feel so much better when the move is out of the way :)

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home