August already
I've just run through the blogs of all who have links here, (and updated the links on the member post) . Looks like nearly everyone here, including moi, is involved in finishing up WIP's / UFO's.
Must be some good finishing karma going around.
And lots of people are out of town - going out of town - just coming back from oot.
Nearly everyone has been suffering from this oppressive heat wave that's affected most of the northern hemisphere. Makes it really hard to knit with wool.
I am one of those heading out of town - I'm going to Stitches Midwest in Chicago next week, and will be meeting Kim there. When I get back I intend to be ready to rip out what I have done on my Eliz I and start over. [I have all of 4 rows done, and there is likely to be a big fat needle mark left in the yarn for sitting on that last row for well over 6 weeks, unattended.]
I'm also going to cast on for Jane Seymour. I availed myself of Anne's help when I talked to her about the availability of the book, and orderd the one remaining color I needed for Jane - and really think that I ought to have that on the needles while I can get the help and input of such a talented bunch of people here.
I'd like to encourage everyone who is making any progress on their Tudor Roses project to post, or if you're still in deciding stages, let us know that too.
Also, I want to welcome MaryPat, Eva, Margo and Brigitte to the KAL. please jump right in and let us know what you are knitting and post any pics if you have them.
Must be some good finishing karma going around.
And lots of people are out of town - going out of town - just coming back from oot.
Nearly everyone has been suffering from this oppressive heat wave that's affected most of the northern hemisphere. Makes it really hard to knit with wool.
I am one of those heading out of town - I'm going to Stitches Midwest in Chicago next week, and will be meeting Kim there. When I get back I intend to be ready to rip out what I have done on my Eliz I and start over. [I have all of 4 rows done, and there is likely to be a big fat needle mark left in the yarn for sitting on that last row for well over 6 weeks, unattended.]
I'm also going to cast on for Jane Seymour. I availed myself of Anne's help when I talked to her about the availability of the book, and orderd the one remaining color I needed for Jane - and really think that I ought to have that on the needles while I can get the help and input of such a talented bunch of people here.
I'd like to encourage everyone who is making any progress on their Tudor Roses project to post, or if you're still in deciding stages, let us know that too.
Also, I want to welcome MaryPat, Eva, Margo and Brigitte to the KAL. please jump right in and let us know what you are knitting and post any pics if you have them.

3 Comments:
I didn't even think of the what's happening to poor Eliz, sitting there on the needles on the bottom of my bag. Argh. I'm hoping to get a lot more knitting done this month than last.
Have fun at Stitches Midwest!
Carrie, I've had long time knitters tell me that whenever picking up a project that has been left to sit for too long, it is best to tink back a row and then start again, to avoid that mark that is hard to even block out. LOL, I couldn't tell you, because I took all my vintage projects and ripped them all apart completely a year ago, or "lost' them altogether. but I did notice with the Tiur that I'm using, a needle mark showed up in my swatch after sitting only two days.
Yikes! I'd assumed the needle marks in mine would disappear with blocking. Well, I'm not tinking, so they'd better, lol!
Have a great time at Stitches Midwest Marji!
Post a Comment
<< Home