Availability of Tudor Roses book
After JoAnn's comments regarding the availability of the Collection I contacted Anne at She Ewe Knits to clarify.
Unfortunately Tudor Roses is Out of Print, and the distributor is now out of copies to sell.
Anne apologizes for any inconvenience caused. What happened was, somewhat recently Anne was offered some to purchase, from the distributor, that they had left in stock. She didn't purchase at the time(or if she did it wasn't in any quantity), having no idea how low stocks were on that book, and she thought that the distributor would have more when she called.
alas, they didn't, and that book now goes the way of The Scottish Collection and Fair Isle and the rest. There are undoubtedly LYS's that still have it in stock, and Jannette at Rare Yarns obviously still has inventory, but other than that, I believe Ebay is the best source.
Meanwhile, I had a delightful conversation with Anne, and ended up ordering the Jamiesons yarn for the background color for my Jane Seymour, so that can get started too! Yippee.
Unfortunately Tudor Roses is Out of Print, and the distributor is now out of copies to sell.
Anne apologizes for any inconvenience caused. What happened was, somewhat recently Anne was offered some to purchase, from the distributor, that they had left in stock. She didn't purchase at the time(or if she did it wasn't in any quantity), having no idea how low stocks were on that book, and she thought that the distributor would have more when she called.
alas, they didn't, and that book now goes the way of The Scottish Collection and Fair Isle and the rest. There are undoubtedly LYS's that still have it in stock, and Jannette at Rare Yarns obviously still has inventory, but other than that, I believe Ebay is the best source.
Meanwhile, I had a delightful conversation with Anne, and ended up ordering the Jamiesons yarn for the background color for my Jane Seymour, so that can get started too! Yippee.

2 Comments:
You are out of Stashalong, right, Marji?
Well, it's sad that it's out of print, but yay, because I paid a pretty penny for mine. Not as much as I've seen some AS's go for though.
Can't wait to knit Eliz I. I'd pick her up, but I'm sure I'd toss my charity knitting over in a heartbeat and that would be Wrong.
Marji, thanks for posting this! I told Anne I'd do the same--I'm glad you beat me to it.
I did wind up with a kit for one of Lorraine's fabulous FI patterns, so it was quite a good expedition anyway.
Post a Comment
<< Home