My Yarn Is Here!
At last! (Rowan Wool Cotton in 911 called "Rich".)

I yanked the swatch off the needles, I was in such a frenzy to cast on and......then.....nothing. Whoops. Then it occurred to me to freeze the yarn, just in case. So I should be clear to cast on today, just as soon as I figure out what the German Twisted Cast On is that Stephanie so coyly mentioned on my blog.
Anyone?
I've gone through my Vogue Knitting book, a couple of Starmores, the Best of Rowan, Priscilla Gibson-Roberts (and Deborah Robson, I see) Knitting in the Old Way, Nancy Bush.......


I yanked the swatch off the needles, I was in such a frenzy to cast on and......then.....nothing. Whoops. Then it occurred to me to freeze the yarn, just in case. So I should be clear to cast on today, just as soon as I figure out what the German Twisted Cast On is that Stephanie so coyly mentioned on my blog.
Anyone?
I've gone through my Vogue Knitting book, a couple of Starmores, the Best of Rowan, Priscilla Gibson-Roberts (and Deborah Robson, I see) Knitting in the Old Way, Nancy Bush.......

5 Comments:
Google Carrie. works (almost) every time.
http://knitting.about.com/library/bltgcaston.htm
oh, and Why are you putting your yarn in the freezer prior to casting on? I'm so confused
I started doing that with all my yarn in case of moths. Probably if I had moths, leaving WIP's out for years would attract them more than freezing would repel, but lalalalala.
Thanks, Marji! isn't that the long tail cast on from Beth ....uh, Gansey book.
Gorgeous colour!
Ooooo that color is indeed Rich!
Post a Comment
<< Home