Joining in
I've just discovered this KAL, and was graciously admitted to the fray.
I plan to Knit Elizabeth I (I adore this sweater, and have since the book came out). I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for currently available yarns and/or yardage information for the orginal yarn? As tempting as it is, I'm unlikely to order from that charming British site. (That's a slippery slope I daren't step upon.)
I plan to Knit Elizabeth I (I adore this sweater, and have since the book came out). I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for currently available yarns and/or yardage information for the orginal yarn? As tempting as it is, I'm unlikely to order from that charming British site. (That's a slippery slope I daren't step upon.)

4 Comments:
Hi Helen,
Here are the specs. :
50g = Approximately 170 yards
US Needle Size 2-3
UK Needle Size 2.75 - 3.25mm
36-44 Rows = 10cm (4")
26-28 Sts. = 10cm (4")
It's a Sport weight but She uses smaller needles.
Hello and welcome Helen :) I'm using Jaeger Matchmaker 4 ply for Elizabeth I.
I'm using Silky Wool and have gone down on needle size to tighten up the guage from 22 to 27. It still feels soft when knit at the tighter guage, just firmer.
I gauge swatched Eliz in Silky Wool and had the same results knittinbrit in wi had.
Rowan Wool Cotton is what I'm hoping to make Eliz I with, if it ever gets here. Uhhhh, I can't remember the yardage, I ordered 15 skeins which is way more than even the largest size needed out of fear. I think I used a size 2 needle.
I've got Hempathy on order too, another Lavold yarn. No swatch though.
Post a Comment
<< Home