To Join follow the link at the most recent post below to the Tudor Roses KAL at Yahoo Groups

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

making swatches

Hi everyone! My name is Mia and I live in Göteborg, Sweden. I bought the "Tudor roses"-book last year and have been drooling over the patterns ever since. I'm really excited to knit along with you guys, great idea!
I want to start with the beautiful Elizabeth of York and Elizabeth I, so I swatched for them both with this soft wool called Visjögarn from Östergötlands ullspinneri. Both patterns work, but I've decided that the blue I have works best with Elizabeth I, so that's what I'll be starting with. Maybe the Elizabeth of York will be worked soon too, in a more "earthly" color. And "soon"- I have lots of projects right now, so I don't expect to be finished before fall... we'll see!

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie K said...

That's a beautiful blue, Mia!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Hello Mia! That yarn is gorgeous. I am starting Eliz I soon too - looking forward to knitting along with you :)

3:35 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Youthful? Figure? Uh. oh.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Eeep! Not much of a youthful figure going on here either! Lol!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home