To Join follow the link at the most recent post below to the Tudor Roses KAL at Yahoo Groups

Sunday, May 14, 2006

As promised, books on Tudors and other English






I've discussed this with Carrie and Kim, and we all thought that it may enhance our knitting of the Tudor Roses designs by reading about the English Dynasty while knitting. I know that at the rate I knit, and at the rate I read, I will be able to completely re-read my entire collection of Eliz books while I knit Eliz I. I have a library (which in the next several years I must divest myself of most of it :( ), anyway, I'm happy to share from my library if you see something you'd like to read and you think it will enhance your knitting (sorry, but Gloriana, Portraits of a Queen is not avail for loan). Just Email me!

8 Comments:

Blogger Marji said...

oh ya, click on any of the top 4 books for a link to the flickr set which has more pics of the books

11:44 AM  
Blogger Marji said...

Since Stephanie asked, the book you can't see the title of next to Bloody Mary is Christopher Hibbert's The English A social History 1066-1945 (which is also not avail for loan, sorry)

9:28 AM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

I have quite a few of those books! I am terrible for stockpiling things I'd like to read 'one day' - I guess this is the time to dig out some of those that are Tudor related!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I've got some of those too. Good idea, Marji! I should take some pix of my Tudor related books too. Oh, you don't want to loan out Gloriana? What about temporarily forever? No? Darn.

12:55 PM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Here's some other books on my list:
Jean Plaidy's Katherine of Aragon: The wives of Henry VIII
Gloriana by Roy Strong
Secret Diary of Anne Boleyn by Robin Maxwell
Kenilworth - Walter Scott
The Other Boleyn Girl - phillipa gregory
Fugitive Queen - Fiona Buckley
Mary Queen of Scots
I, Elizabeth

There are just so many I'd like to read.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I've got Robin Maxwell's Pirate Queen to read for that era (I've read the others - I really like RM). The Other Boleyn Girl is the Phillipa Gregory book I read. Interesting. It's fun to read about the so called lesser players. Kenilworth? I'll have to check that one out.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

It turns out taking pictures of ones books is trickier than it looks. I put up a list on my blog, sort of a combo of the Tudor Roses Readalong and the Summer Reading Challenge.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home