To Join follow the link at the most recent post below to the Tudor Roses KAL at Yahoo Groups

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My Swatching for Elizabeth I



I knit the shaped hemline to practice which was entertaining since I had to figure out how AS designed it to shrink it to fit my (ginormous) swatch. Notice how I mucked up the lovely x patterning? The yarn unspun a bit while I was blithering around with it so I left most of the mistake alone, but next time it'll get babied more. (Since there's bound to be a next time).

Oh, and joy. Both Elsabeth Lavold's Hempathy and the Rowan Wool Cotton are on a three week back order. The swatch is the Rowan Wool Cotton in Rich (which is what I ordered) and probably going to be my choice - unless the Hempathy gets here first. Or I breakdown and buy a third yarn at a LYS in a fit of impatience. Too bad I don't have enough of the Silky Wool in The Stash.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Hey, that looks good!

Now, why won't you stick that one? Though I would be tempted to look for a store that had it Now.

2:09 PM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

So, what yarn was your swatch done in? i think it looks beautiful and remember there is no such thing as a mistake, just a design feature.

As for buying more yarn, did you know that Webs is having its anniv sale and is on sale for $5 each. At that price, it would be wrong not to buy some.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Oh, it would be SO WRONG! Must. Buy.

The swatch is the Rowan Wool Cotton in Rich. I just have the one ball though. The LYS I got it from doesn't have enough for Eliz. *sob* I'm just glad I found it again.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I was going to do some enabling & tell you about the Webbs sale but knittinbrit beat me to it. The color I ordered 08 is on back order though....

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home