Swatching
Swatching for Elizabeth I
The 100% Alpaca in red - loving the color but this is so not an alpaca sweater that I ended up taking the swatch off the needles and frogging it.
The Cashsoft - stitch definition not great - and everyone at my Wed night knitting group (all experienced competent knitters) all decided with me that this is not the yarn for this sweater.
Matchmaker 4 ply - great fabric and stitch def, however, the truth is, I really don't want it in melon. great yarn, not great colorway
What to do? Such a dilemma... why not buy more Yarn?
Deep red - Dale Tiur
White - Gems Pearl (may be too light weight)
Swatches to come.

The 100% Alpaca in red - loving the color but this is so not an alpaca sweater that I ended up taking the swatch off the needles and frogging it.
The Cashsoft - stitch definition not great - and everyone at my Wed night knitting group (all experienced competent knitters) all decided with me that this is not the yarn for this sweater.
Matchmaker 4 ply - great fabric and stitch def, however, the truth is, I really don't want it in melon. great yarn, not great colorwayWhat to do? Such a dilemma... why not buy more Yarn?
Deep red - Dale Tiur
White - Gems Pearl (may be too light weight)
Swatches to come.


6 Comments:
I think the Jaeger looks great - if you don't like the color can you get more of the same yarn in a different color?
I love the Tiur, although am interested in seeing the Gems Pearl swatched. I know you were interested in knitting Eliz in white, but you know me and red. Hey, here's an idea - knit two - who needs sleep anyway.
The Jaeger does look good, but I'd like to see what the other swatches look like. Just to keep you busy.
Thanks Carrie!
the Gems Pearl looked horrid on 3's, better on 2's but I imagine that it would look best on 1's...and before anyone makes any comments - I am NOT knitting anything other than baby garments on 1's! On the other hand, the Dale Tiur on 3's is Perfect. The Dale it is.
But think how delicate and pretty it would be on 1s? And the stretches of the stockinette stitch could take decades, if not generations to finish....Oh.
The Dale is the one I like best anyway. Possibly because it's red.
Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home