To Join follow the link at the most recent post below to the Tudor Roses KAL at Yahoo Groups

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Since I'm not reading ...

and I'm still waiting for my yarn, you get pictures! Hey, maybe I should make you guess the names of these two buildings.

Pictures 1 to 3 are of the same place in Scotland :







Picture 4 is of a place that can only be gotten to by boat :



And a clue ... The two places above have something to do with Mary, Queen of Scots, pictured here with Sir John and Kidlet #2 :



So, name those two buildings!

7 Comments:

Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

?Lochleven Castle
?Fotheringay Castle
?Carberry Tower
?The Great Tower

I'm at a complete loss, but love the pics.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

I think the island one is Lochleven Castle. I want to say the first three are Holyrood but I can't swear to it!

Lovely pics!

3:47 AM  
Blogger Marji said...

isn't the island castle on the Isle of Wight?

1:33 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Marji,

That's Queen Victoria's "holiday home", Osborne House.

Claire/Seahorse is right. That's Lochleven Castle which of course is where Mary, Queen of Scots was imprisoned until her escape.

The other is Falkland Palace, one time home of James V, father of Mary.

Thanks for playing! Shh, don't tell Carrie but I've got to sort the yarn that finally arrived today ...

1:58 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

What???!Q!! Oh, you lucky thing!!!

And I was totally coming to post those (correct) answers.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I went mad trying to fugure out those castles. Couldn't do it but learned a bunch of other interesting stuff in the meantime. :)

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home