To Join follow the link at the most recent post below to the Tudor Roses KAL at Yahoo Groups

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Finally!



cast on yesterday with yarn purchased at Stitches Midwest. It's a Polwarth wool and silk blend by Rovings, a small Canadian farm, (see my blog for source info on the yarn). And I am loving it.



the darting and shirtail shaping is exactly what we learned in Lily Chins class at Stitches. I'm so loving working this up.
I'm thinking that the Tiur will end up being something else, probably something with more than one color.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie K said...

Awesome, Marji! It looks really soft.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dag, Marji, it's beautiful, and you're putting me to shame here! I'm up to about the same point and I've been working on it a week!

Tell me about what you did with the short-rows, though. Did you use a japanese short-row technique to close the hole? I tried doing that, and got the stair-stepping, which I didn't get when I just left the holes there. I think for the front I'll just leave the holes. It looks fine, and it's one of those picky things only I'll notice, but I was wondering what your thought process had been with the short rows (mine: dur--holes!, dur--close holes!, dur--stairsteps! dur--holes less noticeable than stairsteps dur. Now that I think about it in a state of slightly less "dur," I wonder if a row of stockinette before starting the short rows wouldn't solve the whole thing. I am SO not ripping back to find out, though. :D

7:06 PM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

Oh Marji, it is looking quite lovely. The pics are great for the detail - I can see exactly what others are talking about with the shaping. It's very nice to learn from the other projects as well.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Meep! Only a day??? It's looking fab!

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home