Another Elizabeth 1
Hi everyone - I'm finally about to start Elizabeth 1 - it has been sitting in my "potentials" pile for about a year.I had already made an attempt at this pattern last year after being inspired by all the beautiful works in Alice Starmore's books. I was lucky enough to have access to them through the Guild Library and seeing the scary prices most of AS works fetch on eBay all I can say is 'thank God for libraries'.
I bought some Superfine Supersoft 5ply and swatched up a few samples to find the right needles. Unfortunately the ball I chose either had moth damage (scary) or was a bad run because the yarn kept breaking every few feet. That was enough to put me off and place poor old Liz aside until I found the KAL. I'm going to follow the example of Margo and start the sleeves first. That way I can practice the darts and shaping even though I hate doing sleeves - my addled brain loses track of the increases and I have to resort to safety pins as markers. My wip look like punk rockers.
I still haven't decided on the final needles - as you can see I have been playing with Pony Pearl Rosewood and Bryspun. My preference is Addis so I will have to purchase a 3.5 mm soon if I want to maintain the enthusiasm. There are just so many other patterns out there - all clamouring for attention.
Kate
http://bluemountainsknits.blogspot.com/

2 Comments:
Hello and welcome Kate! Nice to see another Eliz knitter :)
Hi Kate! I love the color you chose for your Elizabeth. No scary bad yarn stories this time, I hope.
Post a Comment
<< Home