order more yarn?


Last night I finished the first sk of yarn. I have 12 more pattern rows to do before the neck shaping, then a few rows on each side. I bought 4 sk of yarn. I'm thinking the sleeves are going to use as much as the front/back. If not, it will be very close. After I finish knitting all the pieces, there is still the yoke to do.
The pattern (which I did not have with me at the Market at Stitches when I bought the yarn), calls for 1700 yds. I have 1500 yds. I'm thinking I need to order another skein, because right now I think it's too close to call, and I really don't want to run out of yarn.

3 Comments:
Yes. Better safe than sorry.
Can't hurt to have more can it? You can always use any left over for another project.
Fantastic progress btw!
I agree too, it's not worth the stress of wondering. You could always use the extras for a hair band with similiar stitching, or who knows what else. But then again, as fast as you are going, you may just have your answer next week while you're doing the sleeves :)
Post a Comment
<< Home