To Join follow the link at the most recent post below to the Tudor Roses KAL at Yahoo Groups

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Elizabeth 1 Progress



I will edit later and add a pic as I have to update a few blogs, but this is the Eliz in Gypsy Rowan Wool Cotton. I am loving this yarn and this pattern and even better I love my knit pick needle (matches my yarn :) ) and my beautiful stitch markers! I told my son my sweater was wearing jewelry. I moved the darts toward center by 4 sts (of course immediately confused myself and only subtracted 4 from center group instead of 8) and it seems to be working out. I posted somewhere else all this fine needle knitting has created a hole in my left thumb....oh my kingdom for a callus.
OOK back to post pics, look at how cool that needle color is...

9 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

It is actually much deeper, next time I will use a dark background in a darker room, darn sun...

10:31 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

The earlier pics are exactly the right color!

10:50 AM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

It looks beautiful. I love the color - very royal.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

That's lovely, Cheryl.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Lorri said...

A lot of time the pattern will not show up well in darker colors. Your purple shows off the pattern spectacularly though. I would definitely consider your yarn when Elizabeth comes up on my list.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

The Rowan is a delight to work with as well. I was a bit concerned about the stitch definition but am very pleased, I am anxiously awaiting getting to the central pattern

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous, Cheryl!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Thanks much :) Hopefully much more this weekend but am at work and very busy

8:44 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

Cheryl it sure does look nice in Rowan wool-cotton. I think you'll be really happy you moved those darts.
Carrie, you were doing yours in wool-cotton too weren't you?

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home