from another planet
Hi all
I've been a particularly bad absent hostess lately.
No excuse, but I've been involved since Oct 4 knitting a Vittadini lace cardigan as a commissioned project. Done now except for the miles of ruffle edging, then I hope to get back to my Liz.
Cheryl, you may find it helpful to go back through some of the archived posts here regarding shaping on Liz.
Especially check this out re darts
http://tudorroses.blogspot.com/2006/08/shaping-on-liz.html
Sam, you're in St Louis aren't you? aren't you a student at SLU or WashU?
I'd love to see your Henry and maybe even get a pic of it to post here.
A note on my ability to count and the interminable sleeves, which BTW are NOT done.
I'm just finishing up sleeve number 2 when I realized that I counted the dart decrease rows wrong on sleeve number 1. I think that sleeve no 1 needs to be ripped out, as it is very obvious, in solid white, that they don't match. ARGH!
I've been a particularly bad absent hostess lately.
No excuse, but I've been involved since Oct 4 knitting a Vittadini lace cardigan as a commissioned project. Done now except for the miles of ruffle edging, then I hope to get back to my Liz.
Cheryl, you may find it helpful to go back through some of the archived posts here regarding shaping on Liz.
Especially check this out re darts
http://tudorroses.blogspot.com/2006/08/shaping-on-liz.html
Sam, you're in St Louis aren't you? aren't you a student at SLU or WashU?
I'd love to see your Henry and maybe even get a pic of it to post here.
A note on my ability to count and the interminable sleeves, which BTW are NOT done.
I'm just finishing up sleeve number 2 when I realized that I counted the dart decrease rows wrong on sleeve number 1. I think that sleeve no 1 needs to be ripped out, as it is very obvious, in solid white, that they don't match. ARGH!

3 Comments:
Hi Marji
Thanks for reminding me about the darts suggestions...I was concerned about how wide the whole piece seems, yet when I measure it is right on. I am not sure if the whole curving thing isn't creating an optical illusion.
I am right there with you about WIPs...I am doing Stranded Colorwork KAL, Fall Cables, Curiously Clever Clogs, and will do Hanne and Dale after Christmas. I find myself checking the blogs MANY MANY times a day jusy to see what folks are up to. I had never been aware of them until recently. It is fun.
Thanks again.
Argh is right. Sigh. I hate ripping.
I'm on the second sleeve cap, but I fear the sleeves will be too long (I extended them about 2cm). I won't know until the thing is all sewn up and the neck knitted, but there's nothing for it but to sally forth. :) Holiday knitting is cramping my style (and my hands--chunky yarn, ugh).
Oh no! But then again, I might catch up with you all at that rate.
Post a Comment
<< Home