New Member Intro
Hi! I'm Tina in Houston and I just cast on for Elizabeth I a few days ago. I'm using Elsebeth Lavold's Hempathy yarn in a nice green (I really wanted the blue but I didn't have enough). The yarn knits up very well and is pretty much on target as far as gauge, but I am obviously bigger around than I had thought as when I laid it out and measured it I realized that I would have no ease at all. Off to the frog pond! Now the dilemna is whether to try making a larger size or find a different yarn! It looks like a lot of you are enamored with Liz I so what yarn are you using and is there a preferred yarn?
I already frogged a few inches before I decided I had better get a photo first.
I already frogged a few inches before I decided I had better get a photo first.

5 Comments:
Hello Tina, mine is right bbelow you but a bit more done. I am using Rowan Wool Cotton and seems to be to size. This is a somewhat fitted sweater....Have you thought about going up a size in your needles rather than changing yarn assuming you would have neough for the increased needle size? Your color and work is lovely. I loved doing the border and even the darts, the insert not so much wich surprises me as I have done hundreds(heehee) of arans.
Cheryl, Thanks for the kind response. I did consider using a larger needle size but I felt the yarn was just too thin to carry that off. Of course, I could try washing a swatch and see if it blooms at all. That would certainly be the right thing thing to do. I have cast on the second time with some Rowan Wool Cotton in the natural color that I had in my stash. The resulting fabric is much more substantial but I love the stitch definition. If this turns out to be too small, I can easily go up a needle size with this yarn. Tina in Houston
Welcome Tina,
I've never seen the hempathy in person, but I imagine there isn't a lot of stretch or recovery, so maybe the move to the Rowan Cotton is a good thing.
The list in the first post (which I need to update to add you and Cheryl to) has what project members are making and what yarn they are using if they had stated it.
I'm using the Polwarth wool/silk blend yarn from the folks up at Rovings in Canada, and I love it. It's a little finer than the wool cotton, but is working out to be lovely for this project. Right now I'm on hold while i finish up a knit for someone else, but hope to have this finished by the second week in January. If you scroll back a ways on this thread you'll see my progress shots.
My Liz took backseat to Mary but I'm really curious how you like the Hempathy yarn because I almost knit it in that, and have it in my stash for something else.
Pretty color! And oh! the pain of frogging. But better now than getting a skintight sweater when you weren't expecting it THAT skin tight.
What have you decided to do? Liz is waiting for me to finish holiday knitting, probably this weekend I will return to her and others on needles. Hvae two or three KALs that start in Jan so have to make great strides on WIPs.. Do tell what you have decided..
Post a Comment
<< Home