To Join follow the link at the most recent post below to the Tudor Roses KAL at Yahoo Groups

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Check In: Henry.

Hello Friends!

I'm in the midst of my graduate school application process, so I haven't had an abundance of time to participate in this blog, or any other, for that matter. But I have had some time to do some knitting.

Having finished the body and the collar of my Sir Henry (my alternate universe Henry VII, in two colors) I've started on the first sleeve. I tend to knit the collar before the sleeves, because it's nice to see how it's going to turn out. I have to say that I'm not entirely pleased with the exact shaping of this neck, mostly because I trusted the pattern rather than the standard neck shaping that I borrowed from a the fisherman's sweaters book. I just felt that the shaping described in the book makes the neck a little too boxy, but I'll reserve judgement until after I block and sew down the hem.

I also found the directions for the patterns at the bottom of the sleeve to be somewhat confusing, but it's not a high visibility place, and I'm muddling through it.

Since I'm home for my semester break, I do plan on taking some pictures to share with you all, so stay tuned in the coming weeks.

As I'm in the end stages of this sweater project I've begun to look forward to my next project. I have some nice alpaca sport weight that I think is going to be a turkish pullover of some sort, and actually I expect to start playing around with several charts in the next few hours and days. I had thought that I was done with my venture into the Tudor Roses, but I think after the turkish alpaca pullover I'd like to do Katherine of Aragon in dark blue and light green. I'm not yet sure if I want to knit a pull over (without the tassels) or some sort of modified (shorter, etc) version of the cardigan....

So, there's that. I'll get back to you with pictures soon. I hope everyone survives the holidays in one piece.

Cheers,
Sam

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool, pictures!

Graduate school apps, eh? nothing major then. ;) Good luck!

Dark blue and light green sound lovely for K of A.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home