Roll Call for update
Just a shout out to all who’ve joined the Tudor Roses Knit along, asking everyone to pop in and let us know what your Tudor Roses project status is.
We’ve got some new folks just joining now, and I’m pretty sure that we’ve got some finished or about-to-be finished TR sweaters out there too.
I see quite a few from here who’ve begun knitting a TR project have signed on for the Dale Knit along scheduled to cast on January 20….Hoping that mine and maybe some other TR projects will be finished up by then.
We’ve got some new folks just joining now, and I’m pretty sure that we’ve got some finished or about-to-be finished TR sweaters out there too.
I see quite a few from here who’ve begun knitting a TR project have signed on for the Dale Knit along scheduled to cast on January 20….Hoping that mine and maybe some other TR projects will be finished up by then.

8 Comments:
Hi
I finished Elizabeth I in Brown Sheep sport, color French Clay, a few weeks ago. But I don't like how it hangs. As I wear it, the front creeps up and the back sags down, until it looks like I've got an extra pair of boobs under my shoulder blades. Yuck!
I'm going to take the neckband off. But I can't decide whether to reknit the band picking up fewer stitches across the back than the front or take the back apart and remake the back so that it goes further up my neck which means reshaping the sleeves to accommodate the increased back.
Rats. Is anyone else having this problem or am I just a funny shaped human?
Eva
I have Elizabeth I in the WIP pile. I'm worried it will be too small and stretchy, and am focusing on holiday knitting before facing the music (and my waist size). But it will be finished, because it's far too close to leave undone (it needs one sleeve cap, sewing up, and the neckline). Mine is in Taj Mahal wool/cash/silk. I love the yarn except for the degree of elasticity. We shall see.
http://mamacate.typepad.com
Mine, Henry VIII, was finished ~29th of September and is now gift wrapped ready to be given to the husband for Christmas!
And just to rub it in, I finished 3 more Fair Isles after that ;-)
My finished Objects for 2006
Quick update. I am currently trying to get a bunch of nearly finished things, finished and a baby sweater done before the baby gets here. The baby sweater just happens to be a Dale of Norway.
I hope to get back to my TR after the baby sweater.
My Dale of Norway for the KAL is pattern work rather than color work.
WOW Marina...that is quite a bit of knitted you did..the sweaters are glorious...so much talent..do you sometimes amaze yourself when you see them online?
Oh, that's terrible Eva! Not to be too mean, I hope it's just you because I've got it on the needles too. ;)
I'm doing Nygard for the Dale of Norway KAL but I really would like Mary Tudor to be done by the time it starts but mostly by my mother's 70th Tea Party Birthday rolls around in Jan.
Uh, oh! I have Elizabeth I on the needles, too, girls. Hope it isn't catching. I am making mine in VY in the color driftwood. I have only gotten about 3/4 of the front done so far, but got sidetracked with work, socks, yadda,
yadda, yadda. Signed up for the Dale, but mainly to watch for now. ;0)
I wore Eliz I again yesterday to see if wearing it the other way round was better. What I noticed is, that as the day wears on, the neckline stretches and it's already pretty large. I'm going to reknit the neck using fewer stitches and then face it with ribbon. We'll see if that fixes it.
Eva
Post a Comment
<< Home