Finished Object: Henry VIII
Hello Friends!
I have to report that I have finished my Henry VIII, and I did make it in before the new year by a few hours. It's really a delightful sweater. I have some observations to share. Pictures will be forthcoming I hope.
I had to knit an additional half repeat of the pattern on the sleeves. This isn't the first time that I've had to lengthen the sleeves of a Starmore design, and I'm beginning to think that our fair designer didn't know very many people with long-average sized arms. No matter, it's an easy enough problem to fix.
Also, I have the feeling that this sweater is in need of a gusset at the underarm. I followed the pattern to the letter on this garment, and I feel that had I listened to my gut in a few places, I might be slightly more pleased with the shape. That'll learn me.
I also had to block it two times to get it to fit right, but now that It's been properly blocked. I'm feeling pretty good about it. This is a great sweater.
Additionally. Gloss, from Knit picks is an amazing yarn for sweaters, and the price can't be beat.
Cheers,
Sam (tychoish)
Hello Friends!
I have to report that I have finished my Henry VIII, and I did make it in before the new year by a few hours. It's really a delightful sweater. I have some observations to share. Pictures will be forthcoming I hope.
I had to knit an additional half repeat of the pattern on the sleeves. This isn't the first time that I've had to lengthen the sleeves of a Starmore design, and I'm beginning to think that our fair designer didn't know very many people with long-average sized arms. No matter, it's an easy enough problem to fix.
Also, I have the feeling that this sweater is in need of a gusset at the underarm. I followed the pattern to the letter on this garment, and I feel that had I listened to my gut in a few places, I might be slightly more pleased with the shape. That'll learn me.
I also had to block it two times to get it to fit right, but now that It's been properly blocked. I'm feeling pretty good about it. This is a great sweater.
Additionally. Gloss, from Knit picks is an amazing yarn for sweaters, and the price can't be beat.
Cheers,
Sam (tychoish)

3 Comments:
Happy new Year Sam and congrats for finishing. I can't wait to see pictures...I am also envious of your finishing. I have far too many WIPS right now, but then they will all finish the same time, :)
Glad to hear you like the KnitPicks yarn as well, I ahve been pleased with quality and price
Congratulations Sam on finishing in '06
re the fit: I wonder, did you make it really oversize or did you make it more close fitting? Back when A.S. was designing these patterns, I don't think there was any need for underarm gussets as there was such a huge amount of wearing ease built in.
how goes the grad school application process?
Congrats on finishing Henry, Sam and in '06 to boot! Looking forward to pictures.
Post a Comment
<< Home