To Join follow the link at the most recent post below to the Tudor Roses KAL at Yahoo Groups

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Margaret Tudor Update

Congratulations, Sam (tychoish)! Cannot wait to see your Henry VIII photos.

I made some progress on my Margaret Tudor and here are some photos.

I am knitting the smallest size, basically, except for the body width, which is further narrowed by total of 12 stitches, 6 stitches at each side. I will need to lengthen the sleeves to compensate for the narrower shoulder width. Here is a close up, as much I could manage.



So far, I am quite content, but my hands are aching a bit. Need to take a break from this project before I ruin my hands. :)

Are there anyone here knitting Margaret Tudor as well?

Happy knitting!

7 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

WOW That is GORGEOUS...nice job

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Love the colour and the pattern really "pops". What yarn are you using?

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, Margaret looks great! I love the color and the patterning is showing up really really well.

1:31 PM  
Blogger May said...

Thanks all. The yarn I am using is Louet Gems Merino Opal (sports weight) in burgundy. It is not at all like guernsey yarns, yet produces quite satisfactory stitch difinitions. It will be much lighter when finished. I just love this yarn.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I love coming to the page to look at the color, I was so surprised to see the strips, I never read the instructions before, very interesting...

8:59 AM  
Blogger createwithme said...

Oh, that's lovely! I was tempted to do this one, but didn't think I was up to it yet! I had no idea how complex the construction was till I saw your pic!

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I'm not knitting Margaret Tudor, but your pictures made me put her up on my knitting waiting list.

The stitch definitions is really excellent, and shows off the pattern really well. So although it may ruin your hands, it looks like it's worth it:)

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home