Hello from Houston, TX
Hi,
I am having one heck of a time trying to find this book! My local library does not have. I found 2 on eBay but when the bidding hit $75+ I stopped. I really want to make the Eliz 1 sweater, plus woould like to see what else she has in the book. My KNOW group sent out an email to the members and no one has it either. So I am stuck as to where and when I can make this sweater. The ones I have seen on the blog are just beautiful and the colors are awesome. Anyway Ibest get to my introduction lol.
I'm Cheryl and I am a 100% service-connected disabled veteran, and so is my husband Michael we live in the Houston area of TX. Since I (we) no longer work I need to keep busy with all this free time I now have. We share a beautiful home with Sir Angus Seton and Rita our two small dogs. After a 20+ yr. hiatus I picked up knitting again and I am having the greatest time making gifts for others and family. I have taken classes to learn how to do lace knitting (small scarf), cables and also socks I learned how to make them on my own!! I have many projects on many needles to keep me busy and when I get bored with one I can work on another. I am looking to learn how to spin and hope to start classes in the fall. Presently I have the following projects OTN: Spa Sox ~ D. Bliss Cashmerino; Mystery Stole 3 ~ Zephyr Lace yarn in Mahogany w/Czech Glass Beads in Red Rainbow color (put on the shelf for now), Forest Canopy using 1-ply pure wool fingering yarn from Mirari Crafts an eBay store , from a new friend named Marie. It is a beautiful yarn and the colorway is rich shades of violet, pink and golden yellow.
I finished a shrug for my daughter’s 28th birthdaypresent; I used 3 balls of D. Bliss Stella in #9 Red, which is a silk, rayon and cotton yarn, just finished Forest Canopy Shoulder shawl in Vintage Silk Maiden & Louisa Harding’s Grace and anoaather shrug for a friend in Nashua's Cilantro the bodyy is aqua and the trim is bright white. Other projects on the needles: Bee Fields Shawl, I aim using 100% Merino lace weight from Yarn Tree House and the colorway is Bloom. This colorway reminds me of rainbow sherbet colors lol; 1 more Forest Canopy's; I also make one of a kind jewelry using sterling silver and semi-precious gemstone beads. I also make stitch markers using Sterling Silver and Swarovski Crystals and other types of beads. My DH is going to get the 2 different yarns for me for future projects and also the Honey Bee Stole pattern. Then there is the lacey baby cap that is about half way done. Well I better get moving time for some herbal tea and knitting. I look forward to making some new friends in this group. Have a nice evening all.
Cheryl (or my friends call me CW)
I am having one heck of a time trying to find this book! My local library does not have. I found 2 on eBay but when the bidding hit $75+ I stopped. I really want to make the Eliz 1 sweater, plus woould like to see what else she has in the book. My KNOW group sent out an email to the members and no one has it either. So I am stuck as to where and when I can make this sweater. The ones I have seen on the blog are just beautiful and the colors are awesome. Anyway Ibest get to my introduction lol.
I'm Cheryl and I am a 100% service-connected disabled veteran, and so is my husband Michael we live in the Houston area of TX. Since I (we) no longer work I need to keep busy with all this free time I now have. We share a beautiful home with Sir Angus Seton and Rita our two small dogs. After a 20+ yr. hiatus I picked up knitting again and I am having the greatest time making gifts for others and family. I have taken classes to learn how to do lace knitting (small scarf), cables and also socks I learned how to make them on my own!! I have many projects on many needles to keep me busy and when I get bored with one I can work on another. I am looking to learn how to spin and hope to start classes in the fall. Presently I have the following projects OTN: Spa Sox ~ D. Bliss Cashmerino; Mystery Stole 3 ~ Zephyr Lace yarn in Mahogany w/Czech Glass Beads in Red Rainbow color (put on the shelf for now), Forest Canopy using 1-ply pure wool fingering yarn from Mirari Crafts an eBay store , from a new friend named Marie. It is a beautiful yarn and the colorway is rich shades of violet, pink and golden yellow.
I finished a shrug for my daughter’s 28th birthdaypresent; I used 3 balls of D. Bliss Stella in #9 Red, which is a silk, rayon and cotton yarn, just finished Forest Canopy Shoulder shawl in Vintage Silk Maiden & Louisa Harding’s Grace and anoaather shrug for a friend in Nashua's Cilantro the bodyy is aqua and the trim is bright white. Other projects on the needles: Bee Fields Shawl, I aim using 100% Merino lace weight from Yarn Tree House and the colorway is Bloom. This colorway reminds me of rainbow sherbet colors lol; 1 more Forest Canopy's; I also make one of a kind jewelry using sterling silver and semi-precious gemstone beads. I also make stitch markers using Sterling Silver and Swarovski Crystals and other types of beads. My DH is going to get the 2 different yarns for me for future projects and also the Honey Bee Stole pattern. Then there is the lacey baby cap that is about half way done. Well I better get moving time for some herbal tea and knitting. I look forward to making some new friends in this group. Have a nice evening all.
Cheryl (or my friends call me CW)

4 Comments:
CW: Welcome and good luck in searching for the book. You might get lucky and find it at a used book store.
Welcome Cheryl!
I was able to borrow a copy of the book through interlibrary loan via my public library. Many public and university libraries offer the service; it might take a few weeks, but you can get pretty much any book this way. The copy I borrowed traveled all the way from Denver to Philadelphia!
Thanks for the welcome and I will check the used book stores and try the interlibrary loan system as well.
Hi my name is Isabel and i am from spain , i love your blog.
Now i speak spanish :
hola me llamo isabel y me gusta mucho que tengas cosas sobre la historia .
I have got a blog but is in spanish
wwwtopic.blogspot.com
in the www haven´t got ( . )
sorry because i do not speak good in English .
Post a Comment
<< Home