To Join follow the link at the most recent post below to the Tudor Roses KAL at Yahoo Groups

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Katherine Off and Running


I have finally received all of the right yarn for my Katherine of Aragon cardigan and have started knitting after a long wait. This pattern uses 5 charts so I made myself some stitch markers with letters corresponding to the chart letters. This has been very helpful although I have finished a full repeat of the charts and which chart I am using is much more obvious. This has been a fun knit so far and I would agree that the colors are quite engaging.


This cardigan is quite long which seems to be out of fashion at the moment. I am not sure if it would look right if I eliminated one repeat of the charts. The length of the cardigan seems to make it look elegant. Any thoughts on that issue?

Lorri
http://knitlink.blogspot.com

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks quite lovely, Lorri. That is very long.

I would be tempted to shorten it. A lot of her sweaters and cardigans (Oregon, Marina, etc.) are ~175 rows long, excluding ribbing or garter st hem. The longer jackets (Rona, Abalone, etc.) are just under 200 rows long.

Personally, for a cardigan/jacket of this sort, I would aim for ~200 rows.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful! thanks for the visual, which makes me want to get back to choosing my wn Katherine colous... I am planning to shorten my Katherine cardi by taking one of the repeats out... it's just a little too long for my taste...

1:37 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

That's beautiful.
What a great idea to use coded stitch markers!
I too would take off length.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd take out the length too.

Coded stitchmarkers to the chart! That's a clever idea.

It really is such a pretty sweater.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Very clever you are....beautiful...

9:20 PM  
Blogger Lorri said...

Thank you for your comments about the length. I think that I will take one repeat off which will make the length around 190 rows. I feel as if I am cheating to adapt the pattern so I have less work to do but I think that it will look better.

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheating! lol. It's not cheating, it's adapting the pattern to the current trends. And climate.

4:19 PM  
Blogger createwithme said...

It's coming along beautifully! I was wondering the same thing about the length of the tunic. I'm also a bit short, which will make it look even longer than it does on the model in the book.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be making the cardigan Katharine for a friend of mine. I would like to use Jamieson and Smith yarn, but am not sure of the colors. How did you choose your colors?

1:42 PM  
Blogger Lorri said...

Susan,

If you e-mail me I will tell you what yarns I used with my impression of how they worked for me. Maybe that can get you started, I hope.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home