I just ordered the Virtual Yarns Elizabeth I kit. It came today... but it's just yarn, no pattern. Is this right? I was going to join the KAL as soon as I had kit in hand, but obviously this is a bit of a holdup.
The pattern is supposed to come with the yarn in the kit, right?
Sorry Sarah, but No, you need the book. This one isn't the fault of AS. Quoted below directly from the VY site:
Many of our past designs have been inspired by the play of light on land, on water, or on objects both natural and man-made. Such effects are elusive and trying to capture them can be rather like trying to catch sunbeams. When designing our Hebridean colour range we sought to create shades that would glow and shimmer, and allow us to reproduce exactly what we saw in our mind’s eye. These past designs show that our quest succeeded. More will be addedsarah has left a new comment on your post "Ready, Set, Start whenever it suits.":
| ||
|
| Elizabeth IThe silhouette of this garment was designed to emphasise and enhance the female form - just like the gowns of the Elizabethan era. It has proved quietly popular among women with the figure to carry it off, and several have told me that they got married in it. The colour choice will greatly influence the mood. It looks fresh and breezy shown here in Strabhann. For a regal look worthy of The Virgin Queen, then choose Mara, Red Rattle or Erica. For a light an subtle effect, Driftwood, Spindrift or Fulmar would look particularly good. It is worked straight from the instructions in my book Tudor Roses, which is required to make the garment. AS | |
Check Ebay. There are also links on the sidebar for places where people have been able to obtain the book.
Last fall the going price for the book was typically $80
Sorry. I don't know if you already have joined the KAL, but I'll send you an email invite


4 Comments:
I picked up my copy of Tudor Roses on EBay but it was more like $120. Therefore I MUST knit several patterns from it!
Janette's rare yarns on ebay has one for $80. I was able to borrow a copy from the library - if yours doesn't have a copy, try interlibrary loans.
Hi Marji!
I can't reach your email, so I try here.
I wanted to post but I don't have the new blogger version. Can you send me a new invitation?
My email: mia@mia-edvardson.se
Thanks!
Post a Comment
<< Home