To Join follow the link at the most recent post below to the Tudor Roses KAL at Yahoo Groups

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Queen Catherine Parr - Progress!

Hi dear Knitting Tudor Roses KAL friends.
I have now worked 2 month on my Catherine Parr, and now I have both the sleeves to go. Im knitting on 3.5 mm needles. Yarn is Swedish Kempe with a one thread blend of Estonian (green) and the Coppar is 2 threads of one-threaded Färgkraft's Bronze and one two-threaded of Swedish spinnery Mojärv's yarn. It is a fantastic pattern, and Im doing the Large (+ some extra stiches), since Im a bit apple-shaped. I must say I have become a true admirer of Alice fantastic pattern during this knit, so Im already planning the next Tudor Rose. Some more pictures on my blog: Garngamen where I also post a lot more comments. /Sigrid from Sweden

5 Comments:

Blogger Seahorse said...

Wow! It looks amazing.

9:39 AM  
Blogger May said...

Sigrid, nice yarn choices! It is a variagated yarn or you are doing the blending? In any case, it looks beautiful.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Garngamen said...

Hi May,(and Seahorse!) thanks for your comments. It is always encouraging to here what others have to say. Just wanted to comment that the varigated is the one-thread from Estonia. It is so thin, like a thread, but it really does wonders to the thicker rather dull plain green. And Alice actually said she chosen a yarn with "gold dust" in it, so I thought picking up the bronze/coppar luster would be not too much, but just enough to make it more lively.

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks very lively! I love the way the colors play out on it. Beautiful, Sigrid!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Lorri said...

Just gorgeous! I love the yarn that you have chosen. What a beautiful sweater you will have soon.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home