To Join follow the link at the most recent post below to the Tudor Roses KAL at Yahoo Groups

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

New here!

Hi everyone!
I´m new to this group so I thought
I´d pop in and present my self.
My name is Margaretha and I
live in Sweden. 41 years old
and at the moment I study
to become a gardener.
I´ve started to knit Elizabeth I from
Tudor Roses and I´ve almost made
the back when I discovered that
it got to big. Sigh!

So now I´m frogging.....
I´ve choosen an swedish yarn,
a mix with cotton and acrylic
wich is soft and perfect for a
summer sweater.
I´ll start all over again with
some other needles and
hopefully it´ll turn out better ;)
I´m knitting on Aberlady too
but that´s on hold right now.
Here´s a picture of my Eliza

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Margaretha, mine is too small--we should trade! Sigh. Not fun. You've gotten so far, that's so much to rip. Just wanted to say that I feel your pain. I might just get into fixing mine (I'm thinking side panels) in the next few weeks. We'll see...

8:44 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

So pretty, and too big! Yikes.
Or too small. I'm crossing my fingers on mine. (gauge? what? what? I can't hear you! lalalalala.

7:12 PM  
Blogger May said...

Margaretha, welcome to the group!

Ouch, I feel your pain! I think you are doing the right thing, though. It will turn out better the second round.

I checked the dimension of Eli I. I am hoping to knit this sometime this year. The smallest size has bust circumference of 94cm. I am afraid I will be swimming in it. I would definitely need to take out some stitches to narrow the body and sleeve widths, even though it would mess up raglan shaping.

I love Aberlady, too. Which yarn are you using for it? It is knit with a very fine gauge I recall.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home