To Join follow the link at the most recent post below to the Tudor Roses KAL at Yahoo Groups

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Queen Catherine Parr is Done!

I was on the finish line, and after intense knitting the last weeks, Queen Catherine Parr - A true Tudor Rose is finished. She is big (but so am I), and long (covers my behind), but fantastic. A great knit, and a very comfortable and nice sweater. Having posted most info (just a bit below) I must correct that the main green yarn was three-threaded and blend. And I added one extra one-thread of varigated yarn to fulfill the master knitters intention to use a sparkle of gold (coppar) in it, but I carried it along all the way. They mixed great, and at long bits it does not show. A fantastic knit, so rewarding to do, and colours turned out great.

A close-up of the neck in a bit sharper photo!It is just such a fantastic knit and pattern, and even if I consider my KAL "done" here, Im definitely going to do some more of her patterns, so what is the next project? That is the big question. Fair-isle is tempting. I will definitely stay on! I will miss the nice pattern, it flows so nice - and is easy to remember, and with some tricks moving one stitch is really a piece of cake. The bubbles took a long time to do, and I have done them a bit different than pattern (a bit bigger). Also I have reworked the pattern to circular, but this is great, it works easy either way, so I parted when the sleeve started. I just do not like doing two colour pattern from the back, much easier (and faster) doing them circular. More pictures and stories on my blog Garngamen (= yarnvulture). Your knitting friend, Sigrid from Sweden.

9 Comments:

Blogger Seahorse said...

Absolutely superb! Fantastic!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

It looks really great, Sigrid, and that's my preferred size ... big and long ;-)

Thanks for the notes! I find it quite strange that she instructs the knitter to do the front and back separately. It's quite similar to Baltic in Fishermen's Sweaters which is knit in one piece till the armholes.

Hmm, I would have done it in one piece too.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Sigrid, the sweater and you look gorgeous! Wow, I didn't realize the stitch pattern in Catherine Parr. So lovely.

The colors are beautiful. Can't wait to see what you do next, whatever you choose!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Maggan said...

Grattis Sigrid!! Congrats to an stunnig sweater!! The yarn really comes to live in this pattern! I hope you´re proud of her!! ;)
Hugs/kramar från
Maggan

12:48 PM  
Blogger May said...

Beautiful, Sigrid!! Congratulations. Also, glad to hear you are staying on for the next one.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Lorri said...

Just beautiful and it looks beautiful on you. A great choice all around. I hope you enjoy wearing it!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Beautiful, great colors and it looks terrific on you

9:20 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

Sigrid, that is incredibly gorgeous! Well done. Thank you so much for sharing it here.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Marji said...

Incredible. Makes me want to add this to my queue. ;)

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home